Sunday, August 14, 2005

!Chance that Microsoft will screw up: 98%

Oh well. Windows suddenly decided to do a little roll back to almost a year ago. Other then the operating system which showed that almost every single program I installed this year is "new", nothing much seems to be affected.

Yet.

I will burn my computer if my 11.31GB of music goes to hell. And oh, 11.31GB isn't huge. I delete songs which I don't like to listen. OsisNie has around 8k songs, I think. I can't remember.

And people are wondering whether they should buy Xboxes, a microsoft product.

I don't think I will buy 360, since Microsoft has this knack of messing around. Protection for Win XP, protection for Live...

Which means that I cannot "obtain" my games at a much lower price. And since I'm not rich enough to fork out $60 for a single game, which I would probably toss away after 2 weeks, I think I will stick to Sony's PS3.

If only that Controller did not look so...

*shudders*

Go PC gaming, I guess. The ability to upgrade the PC as and when you like is always cool. Most games do not require some kind of super processor speed, so my 2100+XP should last me for a while more. The critical thing about PCs these days is the amount of RAM and Graphics Card. People, who are probably stuck in the 1990s, seem to think that a faster processer = better gaming PC. Sadly, not many games use that much processor power like Half Life 2. So, if you have the latest Dual Cores in your motherboard, but with only 64MB of RAM, you still arn't going anywhere.

Graphics is another huge issue now. Gone were the days when people go crazy everytime Intel or AMD produces a chip which produces more power. Now, Nvidia and Radeon are the kings of the market now, producing better, and faster Cards almost every week. However, unlike Handphones, that does not mean that you have to change your graphic card every other week (same goes for handphones too, in any case...). My 9800XT is running rather nicely, and I don't see myself upgrading it for another 5 years.

Technology....it evolves fast.

Almost...too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home